Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What is the best foundation for good coverage and oil free?

I need something with oil free and has a good coverage. I have blemishes.What is the best foundation for good coverage and oil free?
I recommend Bare Minerals foundation by Bare Escentuals. It's a powdered mineral foundation, so it has no oil and no additives--it's just ground-up minerals.





Great coverage, long lasting, and you don't even have to wash it off at the end of the day--it's that safe for your skin.





Kinda pricey, but totally worth it. You can find it at Sephora stores or Sephora.com.What is the best foundation for good coverage and oil free?
I use Rimmel stay matte, as I have quite oily skin..this stops shine and oiliness and has been great..not too expensive either
L'oreal infallible. Fantastic.
Bare minerals is really good but expensive. But dream matte mousse and tru blend mousse work well for me
Mary Kay's foundation is great. It leaves your skin flawless, light weight, oil free, and controls oil all day long. Just click the link below.
I like MAC's ';studio fix.'; It is actually a powder foundation. It has amazing coverage though, I love it!
I like prescriptives
I agree with ';Rad-kitt3';. I use that too and it's great!
I like maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation. I'm not sure it's oil free but it's super light to go on and the coverage is amazing. I stand by it
I like MAC, it's awesome. Have them try it on u b4 u buy it so u'll c wut I mean. if ur not satisfied, I proactive def. has oil free make makeup.
Covergirl oil free foundation is good
I use Revlon Colorstay every day....set with a layer of powder. I like the coverage as my face is kind of pinky/red and it's the only thing I've tried that evens out the whole face and does not run off within an hour. Some people don't like the heaviness of this kind of foundation though.





I tried Bare Escentuals once and I didn't like it, but it was years ago. I didn't think the coverage was enough...however I did like the smell and the fact that you can even wear it to bed if you want. I'd like to try it again one day but it's pricey and I need a lot of coverage. I noticed that it made my face too shiny after a while too and I don't like that.
I like MAC Studio Fix. They have the Studio Fix Fluid or Pressed. Its oil free and the coverage is great. I also like Prescriptives Foundation. Its oil free as well. Now, I do recommend that you use a concealer to cover your blemishes. Foundation just evens out your skin tone.
I want to 2nd Lily's answer about Bare Escentuals. I've used them for 10 years, sadly my skin is still bad (genetic, both parents) but the BE NEVER exacerbates the condition and can be ';layered'; up to cover heavier where you need to do.





There's no oil in it whatsoever and if you do have a Sephora store near you, have the attendant help you. If not, go to www.sephora.com and search ';Bare Escentuals.'; I'm extremely pale (Irish redhead with freckles) and I use the fair with a sprinkling of ';fairly light'; (slightly warmer but still light) mixed. You can totally customise your colour and while it's expensive at the out-set (compared to a drugstore brand), it will last much longer and NEVER cause breakouts.





I've recommended it highly to women of different ages and everyone who used it liked it. The one thing to consider is if you like a ';matte'; finish, you'll need to use a powder on top -- just as you would with any makeup base. The BE comes with a slight ';sheen'; because of the minerals it's made from.





Expect to pay $25 for one full-size product (as I said, I combine 2 colours but I'm the only I know who does that). If you go to sephora.com, check out their beginner sets. You get 2 smaller pots from your colour/ complexion grouping, free brushes that cost MUCH more if you were to buy them out of the starter set, and usually an extra like ';warmth'; or ';glee'; that are similar to bronzers/ blushes. I use warmth, although I'm extremely fair, because for little coverage you use little product. For heavier coverage, you use more with a cotton swab (like on top of blemishes) or a concealer brush (love theirs but if it doesn't come in your kit, just use a cotton swab!).





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment