Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What engine oil should I use for my 1996 Ford Ranger?

Facts: I've been driving it since late 1997. Driven in warm weather for most of that time. 140, 000 miles. 4.0, 6 cyl. I've been changing the oil consistently every 3000-4000 miles. Now living in hot Florida.What engine oil should I use for my 1996 Ford Ranger?
Motorcraft 5w-20 or 30 its what fords call forWhat engine oil should I use for my 1996 Ford Ranger?
id go to a real good synthetic oil in it now living in hotter climate the synthetic oils does a lot better for higher mileage engines,Mobil one makes the best oil for a synthetic oil there is,you can use Mobil one in it and have no problems from it,the make it in different weights so using a good 10-w-30 would be a really good oil to use in it,good luck .
10w30 Royal Purpal Full syntec fluid is the best oil you can treat your motor with and dont have to change it but every 6,000 miles and will never break down like regualar petrolein oil. $50 oil change though.





Or 10w30 Castrol GTX,Penzoil High Milege,Valvoline anykind.





If you motor is getting grey hairs and is getting tired and making lifter noises or any kind of sign of motor getting old than go with a thicker oil 10w40 castrol gtx but i recromend that full syntec motor oil will make it run way longer.





Good Luck !
There is no need to change now, no matter the weather. That is the rules for all weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment