Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What do i need to do to start an oil and tire change business?

I am starting my own car detailing/rental bay business and I want to also do oil changes and new and used tire changes. Im not sure if I need certificates for oil changes or how to go about getting one. What should I do first? I have worked in the automotive field for 10 years and I know alot about auto repair. Im just not sure what i have to do legally. I've already done my business proposal and I have investors and a location. Now what?? Help me....What do i need to do to start an oil and tire change business?
Your going to need a lot. First off you are going to need a building with service bays, Lifts , or pits to change the oil in. Secondly you will need tires, and again lifts and jacks to change tires with. You will also need a machine to balance tires and rims. You will need bays to rent out as well. You will need courtesy vehicles to pick up and drop off customers. You will need buffers, many chemicals, hot water extractors, vacuums, ladders, water tanks and much more to detail cars. You will also need permits and employees which aren't cheap. You need to train your workers because no one is going to come to a business and trust their car to someone off the street w/o any certification. You also need ways to dispose of the oil as most states and countries have strict laws on those type things. Overall a business like this will take a lot of money time, and effort to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment