Friday, December 18, 2009

If I fry a turkey in oil can I freeze the oil for next yr?

Paying $40 for the oil to fry the turkey is RIDICULOUS, but hopefully it will save if I freeze it or refrigerate it?If I fry a turkey in oil can I freeze the oil for next yr?
Yes you can. If you chose to filter is up to you. You can always use some of it during the year to make fried chicken or whatever.If I fry a turkey in oil can I freeze the oil for next yr?
I have saved it from year to year but it is a hassle. It needs to be strained well. I put cheesecloth or nylon net letting it droop down about 4-5 inches and rubberband it over the wide mouth gallon jars. then I lay coffee filter and spread out well and then cover with another layer of cheesecloth. Pour cooled oil gently in and let it gradually filter down. It takes a little while.





You may think of another way that is easier to filter it but if not filtered the next year the oil seems like it reaches smoking point much faster and has a bit of an acrid taste.





Then set in freezer - tightly covered and you are ready for next year!
No, you cant, just buy oil in bulk next year, smart and final stores, costco sams, even walmart it shouldnt cost that much for oil. Deep friend turkey is so yumi, enjoy!
  • microsoft
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment