Saturday, December 26, 2009

How many fish oil pills should I give my dog?

I give my dog fish oil pills. I give her 1 a day. She is a 50 pound mixed breed. Should I be giving her more for her weight or leave it as it is?


-I give her Costco's(kirkland signature) fish oil pills.How many fish oil pills should I give my dog?
Fish oil is great for people, as well as dogs.


I don't add supplements-


I use Nutro ULTRA dog food.


It has menhaden fish oil, (One of the highest grades) it also is very rich in Omega 3s and Omega 6s


But the best part is, Nutro has been in business over 85 years...


They know what they are doing.


They have the right amounts already IN The food --so, I also don't have to buy any other products..saves a LOT of money!


I was so impressed with Nutro products, when I first started using it, I actually became a Rep!


Check with your vet---Ultra is Vet Recommended!How many fish oil pills should I give my dog?
Oh good grief. How is a little fish body oil going to make a dog sick??





I give one capsule a day to the ten lb. chihuahua I am fostering (she came to me with food allergies and very dry skin).


For a fifty lb dog, I would probably use two.


You can actually see the oil come through the dogs coat. If she gets too oily, cut back.





She was frantic for the oil at first, but I have noticed (after about 8 weeks) that my chihuahua no longer seems interested in it. Her coat is no longer dry, and the food I feed has fish in it, so I figure she doesnt need it any more.
I give my 52lb mix one every other day. She has skin issues %26amp; has to eat grain-free food now. Feeding both had helped her a great deal with her dandruff %26amp; hair loss. Sometimes I give her virgin coconut oil instead but they are more for digestive %26amp; gas problems though also helps a bit with coat.
keep it at 1 tablet a day. 50 pounds seems big, and it seems like she's not getting enough, but one a day is all she needs. over doing it could cause health problems, and you'd rather be safe than sorry.
You should give her the instructed amount that is on the bottle.
u should only give her 1 or 2 a day!! giving her too many can make her very, very sick!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment