Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How do I get an old-ish grease or oil stain out of jeans before tomorrow?

I think it might be a butter stain or something like that. It's not too old, but probably at least a few weeks and t's already been through the wash. They're my favorite pants, though, so I was wondering if there was a way to salvage them with things around the house before tomorrow morning. Thanks!How do I get an old-ish grease or oil stain out of jeans before tomorrow?
Make a paste of Dawn dish soap and baking soda. Apply it to the stain and let it sit for 30 minutes. Launder as usual.How do I get an old-ish grease or oil stain out of jeans before tomorrow?
I have real good luck using mineral spirits. Put a small amount of mineral spirits on a paper towel and dab the spot until it saturates to the back of the jeans. Let sit for several minutes. Put the jeans in the washer and let them soak for half an hour or so before completing the cycle.





HTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment