Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do I chose a good flax seed supplement or oil?

With so many brands out there, how do I pick a good, high quality flax seed supplement or oil?How do I chose a good flax seed supplement or oil?
Bluebonnet's Certified Organic Flax Seed Oil 1000 mg. Softgels are prepared from certified organically grown flax seed. The oil is naturally squeezed from the flax seed by a process known as cold pressing.How do I chose a good flax seed supplement or oil?
Hi Herro,





The first quality indicator is if the oil is ';Cold Pressed';. You should also know that Flax Seed oil is rich in Omega 3 and some 6; however, if you need Omega 9 as well, you should go to a fish oil.


Check out a book called ';A Prescription for Nutritional Healing';; it is a go-to book for supplements and herbs.


I wish I could give you a list of brands, etc., but it would be too long to list here. Instead, besides the book, I would recommend that you begin looking at supplements available from www.gardenoflifeusa.com.


They make premium stuff in all areas. I take the green food myself and an old friend of mine took the green food as well as other antioxidants and she has successfully survived an aggressive stage 4 breast cancer (with surgery, chemo and radiation; however, she is the only one in her treatment group still alive and / or in good health.





Hope that helps
I can personally recommend ';granoVita'; an organic Flax oil. A number of members of my family have benefited from using this brand ( I have no connection with granoVita).


I am not sure in which country you are located, but it is available here in the UK. You can find out more on their website.
Look for cold pressed with a high lignan count. Barleans is hands down the most trusted brand. This is a link for the oil itself





http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007A5鈥?/a>





This is one if you rather take yours in capsules





http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007A5鈥?/a>
You could also buy the ground flax seed and put it in your cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment